Have you forgotten your Netgear router password? Well, don’t panic! Just sit back and relax as you have landed at the right post. We bet there would be a sweet, big smile on your lovely face at the end of this post because you will surely be able to reset Netgear router password by following the steps mentioned here. Read on.
When you bring a brand new Netgear router in your home, it comes with the default factory settings. And you need to use the default username and password to access your new Netgear WiFi router. However, to improve your router’s security, you have to change the default details.
Change the Default Admin Details of Netgear Router
Here’s how you can change the admin login credentials of your Netgear wireless router:
- Plug your Netgear WiFi router into an active power source and turn it on.
- Connect your computer to a high-speed internet connection.
- Launch your preferred web browser.
- Type routerlogin.net in the URL bar at the upper-left side.
- On your keyboard, press the Enter key.
- You will be redirected to the Netgear wireless router login web page.
- Fill in the default admin login credentials.
- Hit Login.
- From the appearing dashboard, click on the Set Password option.
- The next screen will ask you to enter the old password and then the new one.
- Once you are done with filing the old and new password, check the box that reads Enable Password Reset.
Quick Tip: It is suggested you to enable Password Reset option while changing the Netgear router password. Doing so will be a lot helpful in resetting the forgotten password.
- Hit the Apply button.
Kudos! You have successfully changed the default password of your Netgear WiFi router.
Reset Netgear Router Password if Forgotten
As soon as you enable the Password Reset function, it becomes extremely easier to reset the forgotten router password. All you need to do is simply follow the below-given instructions:
- Open your favorite web browser on your laptop or computer.
- Go to the default router login web page.
- Click on the Forgot Password option.
- A new screen appears asking you to enter the Serial Number of your router.
- Click on the Continue button.
- Next, you will need to enter answers to your security questions.
- Afterward, hit the Continue button.
- A new screen namely Reset Netgear Router Password displays.
- Here, you have to enter the new password for your router.
- Type the correct answers to the asked security questions.
- Hit on the Next button.
Done! Your Netgear router password has been reset. Now, click on the Login button and type the new password to log into your Netgear WiFi router.
In this way, you can easily reset Netgear router password on your own. In case you are still facing any sort of technical issue while changing or resetting the password of your Netgear wireless router, feel free to get in touch with our experts anytime.