Have you ever faced the Netgear router firmware update not working issue? If yes, then worry not! This troubleshooting guide will help you easily solve the problem and make your router up and running in a matter of minutes. So, let’s delve in and fix the Netgear router firmware update failed issue!
Why Netgear router firmware update fail?
For starters, the Netgear router firmware update fails to load issue can occur due to various reasons like network security and internet connectivity problems, issues with your computer or WiFi router itself. Walk through the reasons that might be causing issues with the Netgear router firmware update.
Spotty Internet Connectivity
If you are trying to install the latest version of firmware on your Netgear router by accessing the Netgear router login page, then you must consider the following points in mind.
- Check if your computer is connected to the modem in the right manner.
- Check if your router is placed at the right location, far from WiFi-interfering devices.
Corrupted Firmware File Downloaded
Have you scanned the firmware update before making it effective on your WiFi router? If not, this might stuck you in to the Netgear router firmware update failure situation. If you have downloaded a firmware update for your Netgear router from the official site of the manufacturer and installed the same on your router without scanning the downloaded file, then you may get into the trouble of Netgear router firmware update not working issue.
WiFi Network Security
If the security of your WiFi network is at risk, then also you may face the Netgear router firmware update issue. To get it fixed, consider creating a strong and unique WiFi password for your router by accessing routerlogin net.
Defective or Faulty Hardware
If the hardware of your computer or router is faulty, you will not be able to download and install the latest firmware on your Netgear WiFi router.
Wired Connectivity Issues
The reason behind the failure of Netgear router firmware can also be due to wired connectivity issues. For avoiding this, check if your router is properly connected to other devices and getting a sufficient power supply.
Damaged Cables or Wires
You can also face the Netgear router firmware update issue if there is any breakage in the wires you have used to connect your computer to the router. Thus, to get rid of the issue, ensure that all the wires connected to your router or modem are not having any problem.
Once you have cross-checked all the aforementioned points, you can again try to download the latest firmware version on your Netgear router to see if the router troubleshooting tips helped you fix the issue or not.
Steps to Perform Netgear Router Firmware Update
For downloading and installing the latest firmware update on your Netgear router, all you need to do is:
- Launch your favored web browser on your computer and access routerlogin.net by typing the URL in the address bar.
- If the default web address is not working, you can use the default IP.
- Doing so will take you to the Netgear router login page. Here, you need to fill in your credentials.
- Enter your username and password, and you will access the web GUI of your router.
- Now, to update the latest firmware on your router, navigate to Settings and click on the Firmware Update option.
- As soon as you hit the option, you will be notified about the status of Firmware for the router model you have.
- If any new firmware is available, you can download and install it by selecting the Firmware Update option.
- This way you can update the firmware on your Netgear router without any hassle.
If still receiving the same Netgear router firmware update failure message, contact our expert technicians for the router troubleshooting tips and updating your WiFi device with the latest firmware version.