Netgear Nighthawk R7000P is one of the best routers for gaming enthusiasts. Supporting MU-MIMO and beamforming technology, the Nighthawk router has attracted many eyeballs when comes to stream an array of devices simultaneously. For those who want to get familiar with the setup process of Nighthawk R7000P, this post will got you covered! Here’s how to perform Nighthawk router setup.
Setting Up the Initial Connection
- First of all, you are suggested to remove the antenna caps from your Nighthawk router and then attach the given antennas.
- Now, connect your router to a power source. Make sure your router is getting adequate power supply.
- Its time to attach your router to the modem. You can attach both the devices using an Ethernet cable.
- Now navigate to the wireless internet settings on your device and connect to the Nighthawk router.
- You will then be asked to enter the security key. So fill in the password to proceed.
- Once done, launch a web browser of your choice.
Bonus tip: To avoid any issues while Nighthawk router login, make sure the web browser you are making use of is updated with the latest version.
- You can use either Chrome, Safari, Edge, Internet Explorer or Mozilla.
- Now enter the default web address routerlogin.net in the web address bar.
- If the default web address is not working for you, you can access the default IP.
- Entering the web address will take you to the Nighthawk router login window.
- Here, you are advised to enter the default username and password for completing the setup process.
- As soon as you enter your credentials, you will be landed to Netgear Genie Setup Wizard.
- From here, you can tweak various settings of your Nighthawk router as per your need.
That’s it! You are all done with the setup process of your Nighthawk R7000P Router.
If after following the aforementioned points, you’re not able to access the dashboard of your router, we are at your beck and call to assist you with any issues you might be facing with your Nighthawk router. To get assistance, simply dial our toll-free +1-877-930-1720.
Once you are done with the setup process, it’s quite important to secure your router to avoid any potential threats.
Securing your Nighthawk R7000P Router
While your Nighthawk router comes with a default password that is used to configure your device, you must be interested to change it to something unique and hard-to-crack for avoiding any infiltration to your network in the future. Here’s how to secure your Nighthawk router by making alterations in its security settings.
- Navigate to Admin Account Settings.
- Choose a new password of your choice as well as a security question and hit Next.
- Once done, you will be prompted to choose whether or not to download the router apps.
- Make your selection as you fancy and hit Next.
- Your Nighthawk router will now check for new firmware update. If any new firmware update is available for your router, simply download it by hitting the button.
You are good to go as your Nighthawk router is secure now! For more security, you can enable guest network for people visiting you.
Here’s how to enable guest network.
- After successfully logging in to your router, head to Settings page and hit Guest Network.
- From here, you can enable the option Guest Network.
- To complete the process, you are suggested to name your network as well as set a unique password for the same.
- Hit Apply for the successful creation of Guest Network!
Here’s to hope that this post will help you easily set up and secure your Nighthawk router. Enjoy seamless surfing!