There are various reasons why you need to reset Nighthawk router to its default factory settings. Perhaps your Netgear Nighthawk router is not connecting to the internet. Or maybe you are looking to reset its IP address. No matter what the case is, here’s how to reset your Netgear Nighthawk wireless router to the default settings. Continue reading.
When Do You Need to Reset Your Nighthawk Router?
You need to reset your Netgear Nighthawk wireless router in the below-mentioned conditions:
- The router is showing blinking LEDs
- Sluggish internet even after you setup Nighthawk router properly
- Lost or forgot the login details of your WiFi router
- Connected to the router but getting no internet access
- Netgear Nighthawk router is not working up to the mark
In the event that you are experiencing one of the above-listed issues, you have to restore the default factory settings on your Netgear Nighthawk wireless router.
Before You Perform Netgear Router Reset….
Let’s make you aware of the fact that a factory reset process deletes all the customized settings of your Netgear Nighthawk router, be it the admin ID, passphrase, or security settings. So, in case there is a need of any data for future use, keep in mind to take a backup of the settings you need.
After doing the reset, you can easily restore the backup so that you can save yourself from the hassle of manually reconfiguring your Nighthawk router.
How to Reset Nighthawk Router?
There are several methods to reset Nighthawk router to the default factory settings. Let’s discuss all of them one by one:
1. Using the Web Interface
You can use your Nighthawk WiFi router’s default web interface to perform a factory reset. Here’s how to reset Nighthawk router using the web user interface:
- Be certain that all the LEDs on your WiFi router are stable.
- Log in to your Nighthawk router using the default web address.
- Once you are on the web interface, go to the Settings section.
- Click on the Reset button.
- A confirmation pop-up will appear.
- Hit Yes and give some time to your Nighthawk router to reboot properly.
That way, you can reset Nighthawk router via the default web interface.
2. Using the Reset Button
On the off chance if you find the web interface method a bit difficult for you, use the Reset button to restore the factory settings on your router. Here’s how:
- Before anything else, make sure that your Nighthawk router is powered on and receiving fluctuation-free power supply.
- Next, locate the Reset button on your Netgear Nighthawk WiFi router.
- Use a paper clip or any thin object to press the button.
Done! Your Netgear Nighthawk wireless router has been reset to the default factory settings. Now, you need to reconfigure your router as per your WiFi needs.
3. Using the Nighthawk App
Want to use your mobile device to reset Nighthawk router? Gotcha! Opt for the Netgear Nighthawk app and reset your router. Walk through the instructions below to get the job done:
- Download the Netgear Nighthawk app on your Android or iOS device.
- After downloading, open the app and log in to your router.
- Head over to the Settings section.
- Choose the Reset option.
- Wait until your Nighthawk wireless router resets.
The router will reboot itself. Now, you need to change the settings of your Nighthawk router again. On the off chance if you find any difficulty while resetting your Netgear Nighthawk wireless router, contact our technical experts right away. They will help you reset Nighthawk router within minutes.